Tuesday 18 November 2008

L'Aletiers des Chefs Macaron Class with Trusted Places

Good old Trusted Places. Not only is their site brilliant, but they also look after their bloggers as if they are family. Niamh, the TP community manager, who also writes the fantastic Eat Like a Girl blog, organised an afternoon of macaron making at L'Atelier des Chefs on Wigmore Street.

Latelier des chefs

I must confess I had to lie to most of my friends about what I was doing... it was only on Friday evening that the penny dropped that the macaron class clashed with the England vs Australia rugby match. Whoops. My house mate found out and I suspect it is going to take some time before I'm allowed to live it down! Not only is he now doubting my sexuality, but a bunch of the great food bloggers I met thought that Cowie is a man!!! I can assure you all that Cowie is very much a girl!

Gaggle of food bloggers

So a whole bunch of keeno food bloggers (me included) rocked up on Saturday afternoon to get stuck in. I was in a cracking team of 4 tasked with making foie gras macarons died with squid ink. Rather than tell you how to do it, just have a look at the pictures below.

Squid ink macaron

Foie grois macaron

There was something very amusing about the environment with around 2,000 pictures being taken! You can see from the picture below that it wasn't your normal cooking environment!

Pressure cooking

Here's some of the photographic highlights...

Waiting

Red macaron

Green macaron blob

Thumping

Rose and raspberry macaron

Mmm Green macaron

Caramel macaron

It was great to meet such fun and passionate people. For instance I had a fascinating chat with Shuna about bread, sandwiches, The French Laundry and sourdough... who you can see masterfully piping the scarlet macarons below

Shuna piping

Here's a round up of the team - it was great to meet you all. I can't wait to do something fun as a group again. Food blogging is a funny old thing. It's great to meet so many like minded souls.

World Foodie Guide
Eat Like a Girl
Hollow Legs
Cooking the Books
An American in London
Food Rambler
London Eater
Food Flunky
The Princess and the Recipe
Food by Mark
Tamarind and Thyme
Londonelicious
Trusted Places Blog

TP

So a massive thank you to Trusted Places... and specifically to Niamh. You're a star.

Laura filming

And to Laura for being the chief videographer.

Head chef

And also to L'Ateliers des Chefs which offers a great experience. I can't wait to return for more fun and games.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awh, thanks! Great, great day. The people & L'atelier des Chefs made it. So much fun. Looking forward to our next event :-)

Niamh

Anonymous said...

Great photos and post too by the way - hit enter too quickly there!

Anonymous said...

Super photos! I love your close-ups, something my point and shoot isn't so great at. What a fun day, and sorry you missed out on RUGBY...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin