Tuesday 9 December 2008

Oh Cutlery Drawers (OCD)



There are few things in life more annoying than the dangerous mis-use of cutlery drawers. Who in their right mind puts knives on the left, forks on the right and spoons in the middle!? Madness. Surely you lay the drawer out as if it was a place setting. Fork on the left. Then knife to the right and spoons on the far right.

I hate it when I reach into the cutlery drawer to grab a spoon to remove my tea bag and am lacerated by a steak knife. It looks like I've decided to indulge in a spot of casual self harm. It's a bit like deciding that you are bored of driving on the left and recklessly veering across the central reservation and ploughing into oncoming traffic for a laugh.

If I was Prime Minister I'd make this my number one priority and the world would become a safer place.

Rant over.

4 comments:

Alex English said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel! This was a major source of friction between the bf and I when we first moved in together...

Browners said...

Very glad to have a fellow cutlery drawer nerd.

bunchesmcginty said...

I am generally very anal about the placement of things in my life, however, I am quite flexible with the cutlery draw.

Only because I have so many varieties.
I mean, where do YOU put the chopsticks?

Browners said...

I tend to put chopsticks in a separate drawer to be honest.

It's a bit like broken window theory. If you don't keep control of the cutlery drawer all hell can break loose.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin